Coffee Gadgets Utilised for Specialty Coffee
Here are a few coffee gadgets that are commonly used in specialty coffee:
- Coffee grinders, which come in both manual and electric versions and allow for precise control over the grind size.
- Handheld milk frothers, which are used to create micro-foam for latte art and other espresso-based drinks.
- Coffee scales, which are used to accurately measure the weight of coffee beans, water and milk for consistent brewing.
- Coffee tampers, which are used to compress the coffee grounds before brewing to ensure an even extraction.
- Coffee thermometer, which is used to measure the temperature of the water or milk for brewing or steaming.
- Coffee brewing devices like pour over cone, chemex, Hario V60, etc. which can brew coffee with a specific method and taste.
- Cold brew coffee bag and bottle which can steep the coffee in cold water easily and can be stored in fridge.
- Electric pour over kettle, which can control the temperature and flow rate of water.
There are many different types of coffee equipment that can be used to brew specialty coffee, but some of the most popular and highly recommended options include:
- Espresso machine: A high-quality espresso machine is essential for brewing espresso-based drinks such as lattes and cappuccinos.
- Handheld espresso maker: A handheld espresso maker is a portable option that allows you to make espresso-based drinks on the go.
- Pour-over dripper: A pour-over dripper is a manual brewing method that allows for precise control over the brewing process and can produce a clean and balanced cup of coffee.
- French press: A French press is a manual brewing method that uses a metal or nylon mesh filter to separate the coffee grounds from the liquid.
- Siphon brewer: A siphon brewer is a manual brewing method that uses a vacuum to brew coffee, resulting in a clean and balanced cup.
- Moka pot: A Moka pot is a stovetop coffee maker that brews coffee by passing boiling water pressurised by steam through ground coffee.
All of these machines can make a good specialty coffee, but the best one for you depends on your personal preferences and needs.
The most popular coffee gadget for specialty coffee would likely be a pour-over device such as a Hario V60 or a Chemex. These devices allow the user to manually control the water flow and temperature, which is important for brewing high-quality specialty coffee. Other popular specialty coffee gadgets include manual espresso machines like the AeroPress, and pour-over kettles like the Gooseneck kettle. Some baristas also prefer to use a scale and timer for pour-over as it gives them precise control over the brewing process.
Life is always better with coffee! Get your hands on the BEST specialty coffees at beanburds.com.
Visit our socials @beanburds to find out more, and stay up to date with our latest news!